Roles description :
The Director :
- manages the research centre in accordance with the Centre’s orientations
- presides over the REGAL Executive Committee.
- represents the Centre before university authorities and current or potential partners.
- is the spokesperson for FRQNT at the Centre.
- does what is needed to promote and develop the Centre’s activities.
- ensures effective communication and discusses the progress of cases with members of the BDR
- replaces the Assistant Director in tasks when required;
- works in collaboration with the Assistant Director and the BDR towards extending and strengthening the network between academic researchers and the industry, translating these relations into action via joint projects, and broadening and strengthening the Centre’s cooperation and intervention areas with the aluminium industry.
- In consultation with the Assistant Director and the BDR, he guides the Centre’s activities towards obtaining and carrying out mega projects in terms of innovation, training and diversified financing.
- prepares the budget and the activity report in collaboration with the BDR and the Assistant Director.
- prepares the budget of the Centre and manages the resources available to the Centre, according to what has been voted the BDR;
- manages the Centre’s budget and the resources at the Centre’s disposal.
- approves the financial report.
- prepares the annual activity report for May 30.
Assistant Director :
- supervises and leads exchanges concerning scientific aspects with the 3 Scientific Responsibles.
- encourages networking among researchers from the different institutions in collaboration with the Scientific Responsibles.
- coordinates the activities of the Scientific Responsibles and has a BDR development plans for each axis;
- produces an annual activity report on the activities of the Scientific Responsibles April 15 every year.
- discusses the progress of each axis project with the Director.
- follows up cases with the Scientific Responsibles at the BDR.
- replaces the Director when necessary.
Institutional Coordinators represent REGAL members of a concerned institution before the BDR (REGAL’s Executive Committee). Among other duties, institutional coordinators head the institutional unit represented and inform unit members of the content of meetings with the BDR.
Institutional coordinator :
- manages budgets of his institution;
- represents the members of the institution to the BDR;
- attends meetings of BDR and guidelines of the Centre;
- informes members of his institution decisions taken at BDR ;
- is responsible for activating and animating the node ;
- maintains a list of students of the node and, at all early session, sends the updated list to te Director ;
- provides all the information for the annual report and the mid-term evaluation of the Centre by the FRQNT ;
- provides to the Director the list of performance indicators (grants, publications, awards, etc.) of the professors in the node to March 31 each year ;
- lists the graduate students of his node and provides the information to the Director by March 31 each year ;
- is responsible for establishing and maintaining the student assembly ;
- helps students’ node for selecting the students representative ;
- convene at least once a year, a meeting of the node ;
- summarizes the activities of the node to the Annual General Meeting.
The Scientific Leaders are designated by REGAL’s Executive Committee (BDR). In collaboration with the researchers identified in each particular axis, the Scientific Responsibles coordinate scientific activities among members and submit an annual activity budget as well as an activity report to the Assistant Director.
Supervised by the Assistant Director, Scientific Leaders are responsible for the following activities:
- convene the axis’ researchers and produce research plans, at least once a year;
- Produce a six-year research plan and submit a short report to the Assistant Director;
- Update the research plan and develop its, if needed;
- Set up an external financing strategy that is in tune with the axis’ research plan;
- Draw up or supervise the production of grant applications;
- Canvass industry interest in joint R&D projects;
- Participate in producing the annual activity report with Assistant Director.