Attribution of the REGAL Fund as support for REGAL’s students research projects
The Aluminium Research Centre – REGAL has an available budget for Master (MSc) and PhD students, and in special cases for the postdoctoral fellow (PDF), within the following activities:
- Participation in a conference (MSc, PhD, PDF)
- Formation or short courses in regard to the aluminium field (MSc and PhD)
- Foreign training, regarding the research of the student (MSc and PhD)
- Use of equipment located in a university member of the REGAL: travel fees or using equipment cost (not for the salary of technical employees) (MSc, PhD and PDF)
Call for projects
Budget 2019-2020: 25 000$
Last update: April 26, 2019
Send all required documents to: email@example.com
Travel must be completed between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
The candidate must :
- be a student REGAL member formally registered in the register of members on the website
- identify mandatory under the title of the article, the student and people concerned by Aluminium Research Centre – REGAL and give evidence at the funding request
- have a subject of presentation that is part of the REGAL scientific program
- show an effort of funding by sources other than REGAL
- ensure REGAL visibility and emphasis
- justify the relevance in the case of training
- propose a realistic budget
In addition, REGAL promotes collaboration among its members and therefore define consequently selection criteria based on the FRQNT performance criteria.
Concerning travel for a formation or a course linked to the aluminium domain, an internship or using equipment from another REGAL university:
- The student has to be under the supervision of a regular member and the co-supervision of a regular member.
Concerning travel for a conference [oral presentation and submitting a publication] (priority order):
- The student has to be under the supervision of a regular member and the co-supervision of a regular member or a collaborator member Outside Québec. In addition, the names of his supervisor and co-supervisor must figure on the authors’ list of the publication, additionally to the name of the student.
- The student has to be under the supervision of a regular member. In addition, the name of his supervisor must figure on the authors’ list of the publication, additionally to the name of the student. The name of a second regular member or a collaborator member outside Québec also has to figure on the authors’ list.
- Z CATEGORY: the student has to be under the supervision of a regular member and the name of his supervisor must figure on the authors’ list of the publication, additionally to the name of the student as first author and the supervisor is sharing a grant with at least one other regular member (excluding the RS-FRQNT grant and that one from his university in support to the research centre) and the supervisor has at least 1 co-supervision with another regular member or with a collaborator outside Québec. *Only one student is eligible in the Z category by regular member by financial year and this depends on the availability of fund.*
The following criteria are added if funding requests exceed the budget allocated: the student will be promoted if this is his first participation at a national or international activity and if this is his first financial request at REGAL for student activities.
- To submit an application for financial assistance, the form must be duly completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students applying for this fund are committed to acknowledge the contribution of the Aluminium research center – REGAL in their work if they are selected: examples.
- REGAL finances a maximum of 50% of the activity up to a maximum of 1000 $, except for training courses and conferences outside of North America wherein the maximum is 1500$.
- Financial aid will be paid through your institutional REGAL coordinator.
- Following the conference, the student must send to the REGAL coordinator
- his travel expense report officially issued by his university
- his article (.pdf)
- his presentation (.pdf)
- a picture taken during his presentation
Receiving all these documents by REGAL will permit the student to be eligible for a new competition to obtain funding from this fund.